another short midterm post.
With spring break a few days away I thought it would be good to take a look at ways around all those pesky airport restrictions on beauty products. Thankfully now pretty much every beauty company has tuned into this market, making your options pretty much endless. Here are a few of my favorites.
1. How impossibly cute is this key chain mascara. Plus, nothing wakes up tired eyes more after a long flight then a little mascara. Bourjois Mini Volume Glamour Ultra Black Mascara, $8 at sephora.com
2. Who doesn't love Burt Bees. This small chapstick fits perfectly into those little restrictive zip lock baggies and works wonders. Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm, $3 at burtsbees.com
3. I don't trust those sketchy airplane mirrors. And why would I when I can tote around a cute mirror like this one. Marc Jacobs Heart Shaped Compact Purse Mirror, $12 at thethingsiwant.com
4. When the amount of makeup you can carry is limited, use these little wonder sheets to soak up oil and make you look instantly refreshed and made up. Clinique Pore Minimizer Oil Blotting Sheets, $13.50 clinique.com
5. One of my friends packed this roll-on perfume on a trip we recently took and it was perfect. Not only is it a great scent, and there are many other roll-on options out there (60 at Sephora), but this compact packaging is the perfect alternative to wrapping up fragile bottles of perfume. Stell McCartney Stella Eau de Parfum Roll-on, $15 sephora.com
6. I love the whole Clinique skin care line so I really love that they now make them in travel size (and in it's own convenient little zip lock baggie to boot!) It was such a hassle trying to lug the whole 3-step system around, now it's easy as pie. Clinique 3-Step Kit, $48 clinique.com
7. Whether you're going skiing or tanning you have to take care of your skin. This little sunscreen packs a powerful punch. Small but mighty. Clarins UV Plus SPF 40, $39 sephora.com
8. Airplanes can be so drying! This is another small but mighty product, a little bit of this lotion goes along way in helping with dry hands and cracked elbows. L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream, $10 sephora.com
9. If you still can't live without a certain product, try these great little bottles convieniantly packaged in an airport regulated zip-lock. The little empty bottles are perfect for filling them with whatever product you want in the perfect amount. Pack Max Carry On Kit, $9.99 bedbathandbeyond.com