Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Black, Fur and Leather All Over


Good morning! Today is an exciting day! Raining Hats and Clogs has expanded to now include Apex, North Carolina! If anyone else would like a weather report don't hesitate to ask, I love expanding and will do so until I can't handle it! As mentioned earlier, one of my favorite shows at New York Fashion Week was Jenni Kayne. Her fun, youthful and rock n roll take on the little black dress was exciting and the inspiration behind todays report! So let's get down to business. 


Also, yesterday the first photos from London Fashion Week crossed the Atlantic and i must say those Brits are going very goth for fall. The first two shows, Jaeger London and Topshop Unique, were both very dark. Jaeger in particular had very ghoulish make-up and cuts, utilizing face engulfing hoods and dark colors. Topshop loaded up on the leather for their gothic-grunge looks. Both really pulled out all the stops on fur with large, voluminous, shaggy fur vests and coats. 



While I can't say any of these looks are my favorite, I can spot an exciting trend that has carried over from last week. Lots of black, lots of grey, and lots of grunge. As a kid growing up with 90s grunge, I was never one to shy away from plaid and black high tops and some good Nirvana. This neo-grunge phase we seem to be entering is the perfect balance of nostalgia and modernity. Meaning I can embrace my inner Seattle/ 90s- heroin chic and still look clean and ladylike doing so! 
Have a good, weather friendly day everyone!
All photos in this post are from style.com

No comments: