Friday, February 8, 2008

FIRST (official) POST!



So welcome to my first post! I'm BEYOND excited to officially join the blogging world, and i'm hoping this is one you'll enjoy for a long time to come! That being said, New York Fashion Week has come to an end, the Grammy's are tonight and I have the weather forecast for your week to do! We have a lot to get through so let's get started! 





This week was fashion week in New York and what a week it was! While I found many of the shows to be fairly safe and not particularly innovative, there were some stellar shows that really pulled everything through at the end. A huge trend I noticed hit the runways was grey, which is a color I've always been found of (the color scheme of my blog is proof!) and look forward to wearing more of! 
Zac Posen also followed suit with this chic color palette and really put together my favorite complete runway of the season. 


Some others I loved were Alexander Wang and Temperley whose grungy, punk looks managed to be pulled together in such a chic way!


Some other lines that were amazing and showed on the last day were Jenni Kayne and Donna Karen who put together very fun, exciting lines and I'll post more about them during the week. Despite all these wonderful looks on the runway, my favorite looks of all came from the fashion forward guests who attended these shows. Their insanely chic and modern looks will be scattered through out this weeks posts for daily inspiration! 
Hope everyone has a great end to the weekend. The Grammy's are tonight and they are always a fashion feast! I can't wait to see what hits (and misses!) that red carpet! And if that wasn't enough London Fashion Week starts today! A busy week awaits us!

all photos used in today's post are from fashionweekdaily.com and style.com




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zac Posen is amazing. Loves it.